Presentations now available. Summary of the SCP and also the Water Joint Programming Initiative included.
Introduction Jean-Philippe Torterotot, deputy director for research and innovation, Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy (FR)
SESSION 1 Water and aquatic environments management: innovative solutions for adaptation to climate change
CLIMAWARE: Facilitating integrated water resources management plans by cross-scale integration between European and regional modeling frameworks - applications to hydromorphology, dam management and agricultural water use
- Stephan Theobald, University of Kassel (DE), Charles Perrin, IRSTEA (FR), Alessandra Scardigno, CIHEAM-IAM Bari (IT)
- Jochem Kial, Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (DE)
- Carlo Giupponi, CMCC (IT)
1st Discussion panel: What tools for water managers in learning to adapt to climate change?
Antonio Lo Porto (IT), Regis Thepot (Fr), Achim Pätzold (DE), Philippe Quevauviller (EU)
- What indicators can help European regions implementing adaptation measures to climate change?
- Innovative adaptation strategies and measures: at which scale ? For which type of activity?
- Modelling tools to understand climate change impacts and test adaptation measures: how can they be used by water managers?
- What can be expected from local reach-scale restoration measures given the remaining pressures on larger spatial scales?
- how to accommodate the various water demands in the context of climate change (water quotas, allocation on demand, ...)?
Day 2 - The Scientific Coordination Project: context, main objectives, Gilles Neveu, International Office for Water (FR)
SESSION 2 socio-economic aspects of water and aquatic environments management.
- Philippe Blancher, ASCONIT (FR)
- Lorenzo Carrera, FEEM (IT)
- Jean-Daniel Rinaudo, BRGM (FR)
2nd Discussion panel: What tools for water managers in water markets and valuing water
PANEL: Maggie Kossida (GR), Ray Earle (IE), Lucia Fiumi (IT), Bernardo Mazzanti (IT) Jos Brils (NL)
- How to use economic instruments and models for water management policy in Europe?
- How to make the concepts of socio-economic resilience operational at the river basin scale?
- Which role for ecosystem services approach to support the implementation of IWRM?
Closing Session - Summary
- Enrique Playán, CSIC (ES) Coordinator of JPI